Centre for Policy Alternatives has a vacancy for experienced individual to work as:
MEDIA RELATIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
- Strategic communications and media relations
- Content planning, web media content curation and ideation
- Managing social media platforms
- Working on socio-political and human rights issues or experience in the human rights and governance sector
- Coordination and liaising with NGOs/ INGOs/ donor organisations
- Proposal writing for fundraising and donor reporting
- Production of audio-visual content such as podcasts and short form online video would be an added advantage
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Dynamic and able to multi-task in a confidential, challenging environment
- Aware of contemporary politics, finely tuned into social media debates and discussions.
- Extremely good knowledge of written and spoken English is essential.
- Knowledge of written and spoken Sinhala and/or Tamil preferred.
- An understanding of social media and web analytics for platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Vimeo, SoundCloud and Flickr.
- High competency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Graphic designing, photography and video-editing is desired.
APPLICATIONS: Please forward your application together with a resume with contact details of two non-related referees, within ten days.
The position applied for should be indicated on the envelope/subject line of email.
Address – Centre for Policy Alternatives, 6/5, Layards Road, Colombo 5
Email – [email protected]