Centre for Policy Alternatives has a vacancy for experienced individual to work as:
- Web journalism and investigative reporting
- Web-based research on socio-political and human rights issues
- Managing social media platforms
- Content planning, web media content curation and ideation
- Coordination and liaising with donor organisations
- Proposal writing for fundraising and donor reporting
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Ability to translate social issues into compelling stories and analytical reports.
- A strong understanding of social media and web analytics for platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
- Graphic designing, photography and video-editing is required.
- Aware of contemporary politics, finely tuned into social media debates and discussions.
- Commitment to professional journalism and ethical guidelines of Groundviews- http://groundviews.org/submission-guidelines/
- Extremely good knowledge of written and spoken English is essential.
- Knowledge of written and spoken Sinhala and/or Tamil is an added advantage.
- Competency in Microsoft Office suite.
- An inquiring mind open to adapting web and mobile platforms and apps in the service of civic, participatory media.
APPLICATIONS: Please forward your application together with a resume with contact details of two non-related referees, within ten days of this advertisement.
The position applied for should be indicated on the envelope/subject line of email.
Address – Centre for Policy Alternatives, 6/5, Layards Road, Colombo 5
Email – [email protected]